[PD] [shell] on OSX...

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Oct 18 18:23:41 CEST 2007

Hi IOhannes,

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> what you are sending to [shell] basically _is_ a shellscript...

Ah, OK, now I see. I've been doing it the way you suggested, and as I
reported it's painfully slow. Several degrees of ten times slower than
the same commandline entered into an open terminal. Or even that opening
a new terminal and then entering the command. I thought maybe there
would be a way to make it faster.

> if it get's more complicated just do it like this
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cd /home/derek
> mkdir test_$1
>
> and call your script with [/path/to/myscript.sh $1(

So simple bash scripts can use $1 as well? That was what I was unsure
about. I thought there was other syntax to introduce variables into them
that I *didn't* know.

best,
d.

--