[PD] pd to webpage

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Oct 18 21:12:10 CEST 2007

morning all,

On 2007-10-18 19:21:18, "Thomas O Fredericks" <tof at danslchamp.org>
appears to have written:
> The main difference is that moocow's conversion of a message into a string
> appends a 0 at the end of the created list.

... and even that is optional in the newest (cvs) version of
[any2string], e.g. by instantiating as [any2string 0 -1].

> On 10/18/07, Thomas O Fredericks <tof at danslchamp.org> wrote:
>> The help is in moocow/pdstring-help.pd

in the most recent cvs version, there also ought to be
moocow/any2string-help.pd and moocow/string2any-help.pd.

>>> all

this was indeed the original motivation of [pdstring], which is, was,
and likely ever will be just an ugly hack.  My personal opinion is that
Martin's solution is much more elegant, and more promising in the long
run.  Hopefully, at some point I'll be able to implement [any2string]
and [string2any] as simple wrappers around [str], but I haven't gotten
around to trying it yet ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology