[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:58:26 CEST 2007

On 10/18/07, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon at free.fr> wrote:
> > olaaaaa,
> >
> > this is an excellent summing up of all that is wrong here...
> > i didn't except to find soo much c.r.a.p. under the carpet ..
> > you can call me a troll, but i don't think i'm so braindead
> > [maybe tired].
>
> You never did explain why you claimed to read phrases like "wet dream" and
> "gang bang" here every day.  Does this kind of language permeate the list
> whenever I turn my back?  As far as I can tell your statement was a
> downright lie, and it caused a pretty long thread full of OT arguments.
> ==troll

OK, I think calling Yves an instigator (ie. trolling) is neither here
nor there.  It's just some dumb little label.  You know that it
doesn't add support for or against the point she made.
Don't get so caught up on "facts"--the perception and subjective
experience of discrimination/bias is just as important.

and your point is made more clear later on:

> > i started this thread mainly because i wonder why some women
> > feel the need to create their own structures and events,
> > and why we go straight to separatism,
> > separate women and men,
> > so why we should have different agendas?
> > one of the reason is that women can't take this macho c.r.ap. anymore.

which is plainly valid.  Other people have added their experiences
that give a broader picture of what's going on, and support this
reason.
.... and outside the art or programming worlds, there is still a great
need for feminism, whether or not you want to call it that.  I won't
try to back this up, I don't think I could adequately explain.