[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 02:25:29 CEST 2007

On 10/19/07, Charles Henry <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/07, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/18/07, Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon at free.fr> wrote:
> > > olaaaaa,
> > >
> > > this is an excellent summing up of all that is wrong here...
> > > i didn't except to find soo much c.r.a.p. under the carpet ..
> > > you can call me a troll, but i don't think i'm so braindead
> > > [maybe tired].
> >
> > You never did explain why you claimed to read phrases like "wet dream"
> and
> > "gang bang" here every day.  Does this kind of language permeate the
> list
> > whenever I turn my back?  As far as I can tell your statement was a
> > downright lie, and it caused a pretty long thread full of OT arguments.
> > ==troll
>
> OK, I think calling Yves an instigator (ie. trolling) is neither here
> nor there.  It's just some dumb little label.  You know that it
> doesn't add support for or against the point she made.

Honestly I wasn't even sure this sevy was really Yves, and for that matter I
know nothing about Yves.  As I said- the original statement was completely
untrue; and the original poster hasn't responded to that fact.  I honestly
did not believe the subject was a problem on this list.

> Don't get so caught up on "facts"--the perception and subjective
> experience of discrimination/bias is just as important.

And subjective.  Which is to say anyone can experience it.  The grass is
always greener on the other side.  As a feeling it's perfectly valid, like
all feelings.

and your point is made more clear later on:

> > > i started this thread mainly because i wonder why some women
> > > feel the need to create their own structures and events,
> > > and why we go straight to separatism,
> > > separate women and men,
> > > so why we should have different agendas?
> > > one of the reason is that women can't take this macho c.r.ap. anymore.
>
> which is plainly valid.  Other people have added their experiences
> that give a broader picture of what's going on, and support this
> reason.
> .... and outside the art or programming worlds, there is still a great
> need for feminism, whether or not you want to call it that.  I won't
> try to back this up, I don't think I could adequately explain.

Well like I said, I'd rather try to understand the mechanism behind
something than to judge those involved.  IMO you can't have a broader
picture and pronounce judgments at the same time.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com