[PD] install latest pd-ext

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 06:53:07 CEST 2007

Hello - newbie lurker here.

I am attempting to install the latest Pd-extended on my debian testing
box, and this is what I get:

pd-extended: Depends: tcl8.4 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: tk8.4 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libflac7 but it is not installable
               Depends: imagemagick
               Depends: libpng3 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmpeg1 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmpeg2-4 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmpeg3-1 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libquicktime0 but it is not installable
               Depends: libdv4 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libimlib2 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libgsl0 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmagick++9c2a but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: x-ttcidfont-conf but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libavifile-0.7c2 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

So no problem, I can go through and install these, except I get
tripped right off the bat - there is no libflac7, only 6 and 8.  How
are the debian folks getting past this issue?  The website mentions
automatically getting the right dependancies downloaded, but I do not
know how to do that.

Thank you,

--
Josh Lawrence