[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.39.3-extended released!

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:34:54 CEST 2007

is it possible to improve something on the xp installer? I have my own
"particular" version of pd installed, and what the installer does is
basically overwriting almost all files. but the installer asks if he wants
to overwrite *each* file, so I must sit there with the finger on the "yes"
key for 5min. is it possible to add a "yes for all" button?

joao

Am 21.10.2007, 19:41 Uhr, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> Finally, it's done!  The most polished release of Pd yet.  We are
> further refining Pd into a truly powerful and usable programming
> platform.
>
> http://puredata.org/downloads/
>
> Some highlights:
>
>   * PDP/PiDiP work out-of-box on Mac OS X
>   * Gem has working shader support
>   * new libraries: mapping, msd, mrpeach net/OSC, flib
>   * [comport] is robust on all platforms
>   * -font-face and -font-weight command line options
>   * new font and layout is the exact same size on all platforms to
> the pixel
>   * a new, pretty Icon on GNU/Linux and Mac OS X
>   * anti-aliasing of boxes and lines on Mac OS X
>   * a .deb package for Debian and Ubuntu, with GNOME menu support
>
> If you want the details, here's the changelog:
>
> 0.39.3-extended-rc5
>
>   * Mac OS X: pidip finds its default font again
>   * Debian/Ubuntu: some minor cleanups in the package
>   * included setuid security fix from Miller (hence bumped up version
> to 0.39.3
>
> 0.39.2-extended-rc4
>
>   * Mac OS X: added default prefs separate from embedded prefs
>   * GNU/Linux: added embedded prefs
>   * Mac OS X: updated msd/2D/3D from http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/pd/osx/
>   * Windows: reg settings for loading libs now in installer
>   * Mac OS X and Windows: added xsample to load by default
>   * Mac OS X: switched Cmd-T to fontpanel
>   * Mac OS X: added Cmd-click to toggle editmode
>   * font and box size tweaks to make everything fit in the boxes
>   * Debian and Ubuntu: Created quick hack debian package
>   * added ggee to default libraries to load
>   * GNU/Linux: PiDiP finds the fonts by default now
>

> 0.39.2-extended-rc3
>
>   * pdp and pidip support quicktime/mjpeg/png
>   * included list-abs now works properly with 0.39.2
>   * Gem font support on Mac OS X is now included!
>   * delread~/delwrite~ bug fixed
>   * sqrt~ bug fixed
>

> 0.39.2-extended-rc2
>
>   * Bitstream Vera Sans Mono is now default font on Windows and GNU/
> Linux
>   * Monaco is the default font on Mac OS X
>   * fixed GUI size, should actually be the same size on all platforms
> now
>   * pdp and pidip should support quicktime/mjpeg/png and theora now
>   * pdp_ieee1394 included on Mac OS X
>   * the Mac OS X package looks much better, thanks to Stffn http://
> dibidut.dk
>   * default preferences are embedded into the Pd.app on Mac OS X
>   * revamped font flags and added '-font-weight' flag
>   * it's still missing Gem font support on Mac OS X :(
>   * the delread~/sqrt~ bug is still not fixed :(
>
> 0.39.2-extended-rc1
>
>   * DejaVu Sans Mono is now default font
>   * same sizes and layout on all platforms
>
> 0.39.2-extended-test7
>
>   * Gem should be installed and working on all platforms
>   * the MSD (Mass-Spring-Damper) externals are included
>   * included Thomas Grill's Mac/Intel fixes for iemlib and cyclone
> [...]

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin
Deutschland
Tel +49 30 42020091
Mob +49 162 6843570
jmmmpais at googlemail.com
skype: jmmmpjmmmp
http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp
IBM Thinkpad R51, XP, Pd-Ext-0.39-2-t5, Pd Van 0.40-t2