[PD] Array indexing for the wind and the birds

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 10:10:06 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 01:00 +0200, Jeff Rose wrote:

> My real question is how to work with arrays in this manner.  I'd like
> to use [line] objects to generate small sequences that I write into
> short segments of an array.  With a for loop this would be straight
> forward, but I don't know how to iterate through an array, or how to
> generate the line instantaneously rather than having it take some
> amount of time like you normally would use line for an envelope or
> something.

[until] is Pd's looping mechanism.

> Anything like a priority queue in PD, so I can just
> have my delay's pop off the queue?

I think PDcontainer does this
(http://grh.mur.at/software/pdcontainer.html)

>  Also, how tough is it to
> dynamically create objects from within patches?

If you have pd-extended there is some info under the documentation
browswer under manuals/pd-msg/.

BUT, I don't think dynamic patching in Pd as it currently stands is
officially supported (by Miller), and unexpected things can happen! That
said, I generally haven't had too much trouble with it, YMMV.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk