[PD] Ubuntu gutsy & Debian testing test release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 24 01:08:26 CEST 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 4:35 PM, patrick wrote:

> salut,
>
> error on ubuntu gutsy:
> 2007-10-23/Pd-0.39.3-extended-debian-testing-i386.deb
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pidip.pd_linux: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot open
> pidip: can't load library
>
> after the installation of liblame, i have this error:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pidip.pd_linux: libjasper-1.701.so.1: cannot
> pidip: can't load library
>
> but i cannot fix this one, because libjasper1 is already installed.

You can have both libjasper-1.701 and libjasper1 installed, at least
that is the case on Debian/testing.  I found why it depends on
libjasper, I think it's a misconfig, and will be changed for the next
release.

> finally, i don't see the icon of pd-extended in the menu (gnome).

Yeah, I havent' figured out what makes it show up.  But eventually,
it starts working.

.hc