[PD] still dmg error with pd-extended

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:19:23 CEST 2007

Steffen Juul wrote:
> Hence im afraid it's "on your side", Marius. Have you got the
> opportunity to dl (the 24/10 autobuild) via another internet connection?
> Did the version Roman provided "work"?

I would be glad to find the error, even if it is on my side. the
sourceforge link worked perfectly. it is only when I download from the
autobuild farm, and it is only since fall. (like september or so). I
think it started before the convention.
I also did a ssh into my server, downloaded the file to the server and
then from the server to my computer and I did not have problems.
(checksum ok). but when I download directly from the autobuild link,
then I get a corrupted file.
maybe it is related to the download speed? my connection downloads at
1.5 Mb/s (20seconds). all of my computers have problems to download the
file (mac, windows and linux!) at that speed...
Is it possible to enforce a check during download (which I thought
tcp/ip does automatically)?
I will test other computers and networks and maybe I find what the ones
that do not work have in common.
Is there a way to limit the download speed?
marius.