[PD] still dmg error with pd-extended

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu Oct 25 21:59:38 CEST 2007

On 25/10/2007, at 21.19, marius schebella wrote:

> Steffen Juul wrote:
>> Hence im afraid it's "on your side", Marius. Have you got the
>> opportunity to dl (the 24/10 autobuild) via another internet
>> connection? Did the version Roman provided "work"?
>
> I would be glad to find the error, even if it is on my side. the
> sourceforge link worked perfectly. it is only when I download from
> the autobuild farm, and it is only since fall. (like september or
> so). I think it started before the convention.
> I also did a ssh into my server, downloaded the file to the server
> and then from the server to my computer and I did not have
> problems. (checksum ok). but when I download directly from the
> autobuild link, then I get a corrupted file.

Ok. I understand. This seam really strange, to me at least.

> maybe it is related to the download speed? my connection downloads
> at 1.5 Mb/s (20seconds). all of my computers have problems to
> download the file (mac, windows and linux!) at that speed...

Worth a try it is.

> Is it possible to enforce a check during download (which I thought
> tcp/ip does automatically)?

I think it does something to check what it gets. And if it gets bad
packages it requests a new one. But i really don't know much about
tcp/ip.

> I will test other computers and networks and maybe I find what the
> ones that do not work have in common.

That would be good too. But what you say may indicate that speed is a
factor. Though strange. Maybe the router ain't geared for your fast
download rate.

> Is there a way to limit the download speed?

`curl` can with the '--limit-rate' parameter. So something along the
line of:
$ curl --limit-rate 100K http://path/to/autobuild/dmg > dmg # dl @
100K/s