[PD] [entry] changes

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Sat Oct 27 01:34:22 CEST 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 4:58 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> The netpd project's chat interface inspired me to fix up the [entry]
> object so that it could serve as the building block for a chat app.
> I've added a number of improvements:
>
> - fixed fg/bg color bug
> - created [add( message which allows you to add to existing text
> - added float support to [set( and [add( messages
> - created second outlet which outputs the keys as you type them (this
> makes it easy to assign the enter/return key to make the box send its
> text).
> - made the inlet visible.
> - added rudimentary [size x y( message
>
> There are a couple of things that I think would be worth adding:
>
> - a message to add one character at a time
> - messages to change the font face, size, and weight
> - messages to change the border of the box
>
> This is in today's auto-builds if you want to try it.
>
> .hc

hi Hans

recently i divided the chat code and gui in a testing version on
http://www.netpd.org/NetpdGuiAbstrhacked

and extended it today with an experimental skin that is using [entry]
to replace the symbol box. i have successfully tested on macosx103 with
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-10-26/
Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071026-macosx104-powerpc.dmg

the entry in the GOP didn't display, does it for you? entry-gop-test
works fine in pd-ext-039

in order to work with pd-ext i had to rename some object in chat and
netpd-gui i.e. [l2s] to [zexy/list2symbol] or [netclient] to
[maxlib/netclient].
is renaming zexy , maxlib objects with namespace the correct/only way
in pd-extended?

if we can't load zexy objects without namespaces some(many?) netpd
patches wouldn't work. i'm afraid the whole chain, between
master-clock, sequencer, instrument, mixer and effects would break.

netpd prototype with entry field: http://netpd.org/netpd-skin-entry.tgz

eni