[PD] Spectrum graphing amplitude problem

*~ chun at goto10.org
Sat Oct 27 13:37:38 CEST 2007

hi all:

thanks for asking about this music/visual. a few things that i should say/clarify about the visual.

the visual is made by one of my close collaborator called Oli (http://yesyesnono.co.uk), we perform quite regularly in london (under the name of cracktux) and whereever we get to play. and this is one of the track we played.

oli uses processing to make the visual and i use Pd to make the music.

we use a small custom software to do fft from sound so that oli can use it to make/drive the visual(hence the beginning of the glass cloud.)

this software is called Jackbytes, made by one of our friend (robert atwood) in OpenLab london. source is here: https://puredyne.goto10.org/listing.php?repname=jackbytes&path=%2Ftags%2FV-0-5%2F&rev=0&sc=0

Robert's site is usually robert.lurk.org, which is down atm:/

as far as i know, its a generic client/server app to get fft data from jack. in this case, the client is running for processing. but can be anything i think.

hope this is clear.

peace

chun