[PD] about sexy-ism

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Oct 27 21:34:16 CEST 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> no, definitely not. sexism is not OT as long as someone feels the list
> to be sexist. or in general: a discussion about the list and the way how
> people use the list cannot be considered OT in the list itself.

You think so. If a mailing-list really got out of control, you'd have
rules such as "forbidden to question mailing-list rules" and all of the
rest would just go in pd-ot.

Anyway... on pd-list a fair amount of off-topic has come to be somewhat
normal, given the general
postmodern/interdisciplinary/activist/experimental mindframe of the crowd.

I'm not so sure that pd-ot would ever take off. It would be a great idea
to make it take off and become "the flip side of pd-list" but I see great
difficulty in the discipline of flipping threads from one side to the
other and following threads across mailing-lists. It gets even worse if
there is any cross-posting between the two. Perhaps pd-ot is not what we
need.

> On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 17:09 +0900, hard off wrote:
>> as long as you guys promise that any future discussions of sexism, or
>> politics, or anything not pd related is kept OT, where it belongs.
> this is blackmail, isn't it?

i think it's closer to dark brown...