[PD] GEM error on latest pd extended with Ubuntu Gutsy

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Tue Oct 30 13:38:58 CET 2007

Hello Enrike,

altern wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am getting this GEM error that was not there before changing to latest
> PD extended Hans sent last week to the list, with Ubuntu Gutsy (Ubuntu
> Studio flavor, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SM). I am trying to play a
> quicktime video, before there was no problem at all, now it doesnt
> display anything and sometimes it crashes when trying to open the file.

> and this is the error i get if i run it from the terminal
>
> $ pd video-help.pd
> tk scaling is 1.20094562648
> <init> : Avifile RELEASE-0.7.47-070916-12:47-4.1.3
> <init> : Available CPU flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic
> sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht
> tm up
> <init> : 1694.91 MHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz processor detected
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x0 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 0
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x3 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 69
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x6 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 138
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x9 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 207
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x12 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 276
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]run overflow at 0x15 i:1
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]Error at MB: 345
> [h263 @ 0xb6dd4614]concealing 396 DC, 396 AC, 396 MV errors
>
> I have been trying to find if there is some codec or lib i need to
> install but i could not find any.

Maybe the video is corrupt, have you tried transcoding the video with
mencoder or transcode?

Try

$ mencoder -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=800 -oac copy -o train.avi
train.mov

and load the film train.avi

cu Thomas
--
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."