[PD] TkWidget library

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 30 20:33:37 CET 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 5:01 AM, cdr wrote:

>> http://puredata.info/dev/TkWidget
>>
>> Please add ideas, comments, etc
>> this, join in!  The next thing to for GUIs after this is to extend
>> tclpd so that you can write totally custom GUI objects completely in
>
> is there something wrong with the [widget] external that made you
> want to reinvent it?

I think widget is great, I think of this as building upon that.
Combining Federico's tclpd + [widget] means writing full-fledged
native Pd objects in Tcl/Tk.  Federico mentioned a problem with
[widget] in that the code runs only in the GUI process, he can speak
to that more.  I'd like to see native objects rather than scripts in
the [widget] object.

> is [widget] worth fixing, but the rest of PD's GUI isnt?

Both are worth doing, want to help? :)

----

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent
controls you." - Richard M. Stallman