[PD] controlled vibrato

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:01:48 CET 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 12:19 AM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> >> but
> >> different amps and "half rectify" them, in the first excluding the
> >> negative values and in the second the positives, in order to create
> this
> >> pseudo-sine wave.
> > [max~ 0] and [min~ 0] will help here.
> > Also [+~] to combine them after half-rectification.
> > Hope this helps.
>
> The curve won't have a continuous derivative, which may sound weird if the
> curve is played slow enough. If ever your solution is not sufficient, it
> might be better to try to come up with the integral of some continuous
> function, but it may be a bit hard to make it align with the desired
> frequencies.

Actually, and luckily, it doesn´t sound bad, even when it´s very slow.
Anyway,  thinking about linear vs. logarithmic (and thinking to my less than
good knowledge of functions :-), I ended up with a patch (attached) that
uses curve~.
Do you think it is a good strategy or  not?
best regards,
libero

--
Libero Mureddu