[PD] [declare] trouble

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu Nov 8 12:35:52 CET 2007

On 07/11/2007, at 22.41, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> did ANY OS X user ever manage to use the flag
> '-stdpath' for the object [declare] in order to add a directory from
> extra to pd's searchpathes?

I (of cause) can awnser that question, but say that i can't make work.

This is what i did for testing:

Made a folder in extra called test. In that i made an abstraction
called testing.pd which was just a wrapper around a [print].

Then i made a new test patch which as:
[declare -stdpath extra/test]
[testing]

Saved that. An loaded it again. But [testing] couldn't create. That
is surpricing since it's what the help file promise.

But the odd things don't end here. I think. Check this out:

$ pwd
/Applications/Pd-0.40-2.app/Contents/Resources/extra
$ ls -l | cut -c 1-10,47-89
total 192
-rw-r--r-- README.txt
drwxr-xr-x bonk~
drwxr-xr-x choice
-rw-r--r-- complex-mod~-help.pd
-rw-r--r-- complex-mod~.pd
-rw-r--r-- expr-help.pd
lrwxr-xr-x expr.d_fat -> expr~/expr.d_fat
drwxr-xr-x expr~
lrwxr-xr-x expr~.d_fat -> expr~/expr~.d_fat
lrwxr-xr-x fexpr~.d_fat -> expr~/fexpr~.d_fat
drwxr-xr-x fiddle~
-rw-r--r-- hilbert~-help.pd
-rw-r--r-- hilbert~.pd
drwxr-xr-x loop~
drwxr-xr-x lrshift~
-rw-r--r-- makefile
drwxr-xr-x pique
-rw-r--r-- rev1-final.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev1-stage.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev1~-help.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev1~.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev2~-help.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev2~.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev3~-help.pd
-rw-r--r-- rev3~.pd
drwxr-xr-x sigmund~
drwxr-xr-x test
i$

Then consider that my preference .plist is empty. Ie. it doesn't add
the folder fiddle~ to the search path. The odd thing is then, that
the [fiddle~] object creates just fine anyways.