[PD] installing netpd under gentoo using layman error maxlib

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 20 13:56:19 CET 2007

errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:
> the Makefiles in the pd CVS tree are very are definetly not good.
> they needs fixing globaly.
>
> who is responsible for the CVS ?

nobody.
the authors are responsible for their stuff.
so: if zexy/src/Makefile is broken, it is my fault...

> i think that all of them have to be generalised ,so we can easiely build
> anything.
>
> i do everything manually on my system,
> cause quite a few makefiles try to use -m32 in CFLAGS and many of them
> need -fPIC to be added.

at least the pd-sources (+externs) have fixed this by now.
i think the (erroneous) use of the "-m32" flag in pd-0.40 convinced
several developers to add this flag to their makefiles.

> there basic externals , which don't have any ./configure part, i think
> we need to work on those first , leaving Gem and DataFlow aside ..

GridFlow you mean?

> also there is acouple of external which have duplicated objects.

what do you mean here?
nameclashes? duplicated functionality? aliases?

fmga.sdr
IOhannes