[PD] pdpedia : OSCroute vs routeOSC. pictures and infobox.

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Tue Nov 20 23:21:36 CET 2007

Hi!

I encountered a name clash in pdpedia :

I was editing http://wiki.puredata.info/en/routeOSC

and wanted to move the pagename from routeOSC to OSCroute for obvious
reason and couldnt perform it since there was already another OSCroute
page living there , namely oscx/OSCroute against mrpeach/OSCroute. Is
there any way to solve this? Shouldnt we have a disambiguiation page ,
then a oscx_OSCroute page AND a mrpeach_OSCroute page?

Then I added a small snapshot of OSCroute in the English article which
gently appeared into the French translation as well. The trouble is :
the object name doesnt show on top of the infobox although it is shown
inside as

	{{Infobox Objectclass
	| name                   = OSCroute
	..
	| platform               = [[GNU/Linux]], [[Mac OS X]], [[Windows]]
	}}

see http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/OSCroute

Waht 's the way to add a picture to the Infobox?
If I add the follwoing to the infobox:

[[Image:OSCroute.png]]

it wrecks the layout and pic doenst show although it works in the body.

I added a short paragraph recalling one of Marius emails about how to
add pictures into the mediapool, at the tail of

  http://wiki.puredata.info/en/Help:Contents#Images

The thumbnail code example doesnt work. Installing convert shoudl fix
it:

reads Error creating thumbnail: sh: line 1: /usr/bin/convert: No such
file or directory

Is it possible to add sounds and videos as well? Maybe it's not
reasonable for bandwidth reason... Should we use Youtube , Dailymotion
instead?

 I was wondering how to add a laungage to the "languages" box at the
bottom left:

[[language code:Title]]  eg. [[en:Title of my brand new translation]]

++

O.