[PD] select issues

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 30 21:02:21 CET 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:

> Which has bitten me on the ass at least once when making music with
> someone who uses pd-extended. Hans, I wonder if you could make it clear
> to people who download pd-extended that it is incompatible with Pd,

Yes, why is Pd still incompatible with Pd-extended?

> it is bundled with many externals which aren't in Pd by default?

I thought that this is why people download pd-extended in the first place?
How can they not know?

> Note that I really appreciate all the work you are doing to make
> people's lives easier, and don't want to put a dent in your efforts. I
> just think if we're not careful with breaking compatability people are
> going to get very confused very quickly.

Any added feature, any added external is broken compatibility when it
comes to new patches using new features that you try to run in a previous
version. It's not even possible to be careful about it without standing
still. What do you want?