[PD] gem codec basic review

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sat Dec 1 12:20:12 CET 2007

Hi,

This made me test Gem on my machine as well and it turns out that:

mjpeg:
Does not play, throwing lines of the following onto the console:
[mjpegb @ 0xb7405b48]not mjpeg-b (bad fourcc)

mpeg4:
Takes 99% cpu on a 1.6GHz CoreDuo from Intel

This is with pd 0.40-2 and a recent cvs Gem checkout.

Any pointers appreciated, gem and video codecs nightmare otherwise.

regards, Peter