[PD] Max & Pd

Andrew Brouse brouse at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 5 23:41:05 CET 2007

Hello Pd and Max folks,

I am doing a presentation (tomorrow!... so this request is a bit late!) on
differences between Max and Pd as tools for music and media art.

I am interested in hearing:

1. from people who actively use both

2. about less-obvious advantages/disadvantages of one or the other

3. specifically about functionality for manipulation of video, OpenGL
including shaders and matricial data

4. clear, reasoned, articulate thoughts and arguments as to why one or the
other is better or worse for one or another particular use ( why should I
expect anything else! ;)

This could have some impact on decisions which will be made for a project
which I can't talk about yet. :)

thanks for your help,
Andrew