[PD] [psql] object hand-holding (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 10 19:34:46 CET 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:52:25 -0500 (EST)
From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
To: Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] [psql] object hand-holding

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> While I think I understand what you are getting at, I think that is
> something we should leave to version 2 of this. Basically, what I am
> understanding is that you want to be able to "compile" an SQL statement, and
> then insert new data by making another call that only sends the data. Is
> that right?

Yes. Imho that should be version 1. Else it reminds me of working in web
programming and thinking up funny titles for items in the web app, such as:

   '; drop database web; select * from whatever where 'dummy'='

Which inserts nicely into pretty much any simple query statement of a dumb
enough web app.

do you want any pd patches to be dumb enough?