[PD] [psql] object hand-holding (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 11 10:27:29 CET 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> Try valgrind... best development tool of the decade, imho.
> Could you post some instructions on how to use valgrind to debug Pd related
> things on the dev docs wiki?  It would be very useful:
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer

You don't need any special instructions for that... usually just add
'valgrind' as a prefix on the commandline just like you would use the
'time' command.

What do you want me to write? it could go like:

   STEP 1: run this: valgrind pd
   STEP 2: there is no STEP 2.

(For debugging GridFlow, it's a different story, as nothing sets off false
alarms in Valgrind like Ruby does, so filtres have to be put in place and
stuff.)