[PD] PD VideoPedia Project

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 13 03:12:19 CET 2007

I think the main problem with youtube is that you can't download the
source video.  Bascally they try to prevent you from downloading it.
You can download the .flv with some hacks, but it would be nicer to
use a site that encourages people to download videos in a format that
is easily reusable (e.g. archive.org).

As long as people also publish the videos elsewhere in a good format,
I don't think it's a problem having them up on youtube.  And youtube
works write now, so I think that this youtube channel is definitely a
worthwhile project.

.hc