[PD] Pd + asterisk?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Mon Dec 17 08:23:49 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This is great news!  I am going to give it a shot as soon as I can,
> hopefully before the end of the year.

Sounds good!  Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help out with
getting it set up.

> As for Jack in Pd, there are a couple of things.  Pd by default uses
> Jack as an audio device, so it should be able to see those ports.  But I
> don't think that is very controllable from within Pd.  There are some
> objects that exist but aren't widely used that are for connecting Pd and
> jack channels in a more dynamic manner.  Here are the sources:
>
> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/jackx/
> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/k_jack~/
> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/tb/jack_transport/

Thanks for the pointers.  It looks like jackx is pretty close to what I'm
looking for.  I'll try to see if I can get them to work.  If not, hopefully
they'll be a good starting point if I end up just writing my own.

> And thanks for the bug fixes for Pd.  Pd could use a good security
> audit, especially since it is becoming more and more network aware.

You're welcome!  I'm glad that I am able to help out in some way.