[PD] Colour in Digital Video

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 21 16:55:56 CET 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Andrew Brouse wrote:

> You really shouldn't take my comments personally, they aren't meant to
> be at all. I do like you personally and respect the work that you do. My
> comments were meant to provide useful information to all those who are
> developing and working with Digital Video in Pd. For what it's worth,
> the references I pointed to are standard fare for all video engineers,
> whether on computers or not. I find it really sad the amount of
> bitterness, bickering, infighting and acrimony in parts of the Pd
> community.

I'm not taking your comments "personally". I'm trying to reply in a mostly
technical way. If you write to pd-list you can expect that the standard
fare for all video engineers could eventually be questioned, and just
because it's standard doesn't mean it's holy.

> The energy that goes into this is energy that doesn't go into making Pd
> and associated projects better tools. I find that really sad. That's all
> I have to say,

Are you sorry that I question subsampling? It sounds a lot like it to me!
But I don't even know what you are referring to... the more general a
complaint is, the less it can be meaningfully addressed. No, you really
sound like you deplore that I question parts of colour theory, but you
group it with random unspecified other mails of pd-list in order to