[PD] regression testing WAS Re: [psql] object hand-holding

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Dec 30 11:38:04 CET 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
>
>> in practice i found it often simpler to write tests that only output a
>> result when they know that they have passed: you need to create far
>> less logic, which might minimize the chance to write buggy tests
>> (which i found is inevitable) likewise, it is often simple to have a
>> shortcut to tell the framework that the test is known to have failed
>> (most of these shortcuts could be avoided by splitting the test into
>> several sub-tests; in practice i found that i prefer to write less
>> tests) apart from that, a mechanism to quit a test from outside after
>> some timeout might be a good idea.
>
> But this is not really what we were talking about. We were thinking
> about the WAIT state. I sort of assumed that there were both PASS and
> FAIL results, and this is why I said tri-state, but we were talking
> about how to represent WAIT in Pd.

yes, this is what i was talking about (and was a bit unclear):
a test can only have 2 results (PASS and FAIL), but it can return more
states (WAIT,...) in order to communicate to the framework that it needs
special handling (e.g. more time)

i shouldn't have confused these 2 things.

fmg.asdr
IOhannes