[PD] [OT] slightly: building audio computer with PD

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jan 1 22:49:14 CET 2008

Can't use logrotate if the partition is mounted readonly. I can see the
point if the idea wasn't to fill up disk space, but my whole idea is to
not write to the disk at all. Symlink is also a good idea, though.

best,
d.

Andy Farnell wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 21:57:18 +0100
> plessas at mur.at (Peter Plessas) wrote:
>
>> * Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> [2007-12-31 18:47]:
>>> So I made sure to mount all my drives read-only, and that everything
>>> would start from a script on power-up. Having the whole operating system
>>> on a Flash card/USB stick (again, no logging, read-only) is also quite
>> How do you do that? Do you mount /var/log as ramdisk which gets erased
>> at reboot, or do you tell every service/daemon not to log?
>
> Symlink logs to /dev/null or use logrotate to delete them on the hour.
> Better if you can tell a process not to log though, stop the problem at
> its source.
>
>> thanks, PP

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 65: