[PD] [OT] slightly: building audio computer with PD

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:50:22 CET 2008

hm ..
how about locks and other stuff ?
there always some things which want to be written to somewhere in /var!
the gentoo runscripts use /var/lib/init.d/
i reckon having a bit of space writable in /var and /tmp symlinked to
/var ..could be usefull, keep one or two day's logs as well and log them
on a loghost or mail before they being wiped off..
you can mail without a server .. might be able to use mutt or some
command line util to do it via smtp ..
well, this deppends on the network availability!