[PD] Problems to substract

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 2 19:14:31 CET 2008

Hallo,
Javier Garcia hat gesagt: // Javier Garcia wrote:

> im trying to create a patch with a counter that when i send a bang I substract a quantity (that i specify) to the count.
>

> The sequence would be this for example:
>
> 1 - 2- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 (bang) - 4 - 5 (bang) - 2 - 3 - ...
>
> I've tried several ways, but i dont get it..

I assume you use the standard fx+1 counter idiom to build a counter in
Pd.  But now you want to temporarily add not 1, but a different value,
say: -2 to the current counter value. For that, just set the value of
the "+ 1" object to "-2" for one iteration of the counter, then reset
it it to 1 again immediatly after the counter has fired.  You
can use a trigger object to schedule the logic flow here.

Ciao