[PD] [pool] binary for Mac Intel?

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Thu Jan 3 11:52:25 CET 2008

Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:
> I had a look at the source, and perhaps with a little more headbanging
> (I've never touched C++) I can fix it myself but I'd imagine you can
> do it much faster : )

i know C++. perhaps i'll have a look at it while i'm in Bremen next week...

> I don't mean to nag, but I have a really cool update to Memento that
> adds [commun]-exposed parameter listing for midi-controller assignment
> to any Memento-enabled abstraction.  The overrun means it kills Pd
> though (with any nominal level of parameters), so I had to stop
> development : (.

... because even though i don't understand this completely, it sounds
*really* *really* nice.

one thing i did notice playing around with Memento last night - if you
switch substates it only seems to add whatever values you change between
switching to the pool. this means that if i have one patch substate (call
it substate 0) that sets all the parameters, then make a new substate
(substate 1) and change only one value, only that one value will be stored
- which means that to recall the state of the system completely come next
time, i would have to load first substate 0 then substate 1, to completely
set all the parameters.

> And if Novation ever manages to release the SDK for the RemoteSL, I'll
> be adding automatic display of parameter names on the RemoteSL's LCD
> screens upon assignment...

it might be easier to reverse-engineer the Automap protocol. it's just
transmitted over sysex AFAIK. and if it's not apparently it's very easy to
sniff USB devices. i might give this a go next week..

damian stewart | +351 967 797 263 | damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz