[PD] SSSAD vs MEMENTO

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sat Jan 5 05:23:43 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:26:56PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> There will be no direct support for OSC in [sssad] unless Miller
> decides to include some OSCroute-variant in plain Pd, as sssad will
> never require externals.

Has anyone lobbied Miller for this feature?

I would love to hear what Miller thinks about OSC in Pd canonical. I
queried this in 2005
<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-11/033012.html> but
he never replied to that thread.

Seems to me that OSC is as valuable to users as MIDI is these days. As
many bits of software use OSC now as bits of hardware use MIDI, and
even competing commercial products use OSC. Also, the code is there,
ready to go into Pd cannonical quite easily.

Best,

Chris.