[PD] MIDI on Win XP

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Sat Jan 5 08:53:05 CET 2008

> > with Pd (Win XP) but I'm running into problems. When I move a knob

> > on the midi controller there is a delay of at least one second until

> > the controller data show up in the Pd window (I simply output

> > controllers using the [ctlin] object). This delay makes it pretty

> > much unusable.

This happenes if the audio latency of pd is set lower than the latency of
your souncard itself.

Try installing the asio4all drivers from  http://www.asio4all.com/ and set
the latency of the asio4all drivers (or any other dedicated asio driver - if
your souncard has one) equal or lower to pd's latency.

Don't forget to save the setting in the "file/startup" as usual.

Hope this helps!

Ingo Scherzinger