[PD] OSC in Pd [was: Re: SSSAD vs MEMENTO]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 6 03:37:26 CET 2008

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I'd still have to track changes in the OSC code and periodically "import"
> them to the Pd sources, which is very error-prone.

I believ it wouldn't be that bad: OSC has a specification just like
MIDI, and this spec doesn't change that often. So once the basic OSC
support is included, there won't be a need to do many imports. One
thing that already would be useful is a OSCroute or routeOSC object
with wildcard support. Wildcards can be very handy. (They even are a
bit too limited in OSC for my taste, but it's a least common
denominator.)

Ciao