[PD] counter + list of objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 11 21:20:23 CET 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> 10 FOR X=1 TO 100
>> 20 PRINT "WHAT ABOUT BASIC?"
>> 30 NEXT X
> this is not a built-in counter, this is how you would write a simple counter
> in basic.

Frankly, I don't understand the difference. I mean FOR/NEXT, I don't mean
the exact code I wrote above.

> apart from that, it does not fulfil the marius' requirement of doing "more
> than just adding numbers."

I don't care, it's not what I was replying to. I was only replying to the
part of the mail that I have quoted. You seem to be disregarding that.

> iteration; but then, a counter that does not do anything but increment
> an accumulator would be of _very_ limited use

You don't need to assume that I mean only the above three lines of BASIC
code, instead of FOR/NEXT.

I don't speak that language.