[PD] text based pd patching

Andre Schmidt andre at osku.de
Sat Jan 12 13:50:18 CET 2008

yup,

very nice and usefull in (non-html) emails, console, man pages and so on
(where you only can display text)... but for pdf, webbrowser i would
prefer svg. as its also just text (therefor searchable, but dunno if in
pdf) and looks "better" (propably exactly like in pd) than ascii...

i would love to do a pd-patch to svg converter, but theres no info about
the inlets/outlets in pd-patches. so we would need to have pd on the
webserver to convert pd-patches to svg...

.andre

ps. my most knowledge is in php, but i could start learn python to do an
converter for puredata.info/plone...

pps. would be awesome if users on puredata.info could choose the display
of included patches in a page between pd-text, ascii-art, svg and png :)

ppps. but until viewers support "svg fonts" (i think opera9 is the only
atm) http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/fonts.html#FontElement we would have the
same problem with fonts as we have with pd atm...