[PD] questions for everibody...

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Sun Jan 13 16:12:30 CET 2008

hard off a écrit :
> who has problems with crashing?
>

> on os x, pd is super stable for me.  don't think i've ever had a crash
> unless i did something really stupid.
>

> does it crash on linux or windows???

  For me pd crashes on windows when an amount of abstractions has been
reloaded, but it does happen only during patch conception, not
performance, this problem has been recently discussed in the list, and I
guess that it happens on all platforms.

  Also I completely agree with cdr about programming, yesterday I've
just successfully passed all the day about trying to find some
procedural errors in a part of my little large scale application, today
I'll try to find what's wrong in some other parts. It's seriously
difficult to make a decent graphical application, that works like a
normal musician would expect. There are too many traps to not fall in
and one must have a very good (maybe too much) knowledge of all the
software, to end up with a working project.

my problem with puredata = the interface

the most missing thing = a kind of pointer for matrixes, or
multidimension arrays or lists, or a native gridflow.