[PD] questions for everibody...

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 16:37:36 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 12:35 +0100, David Schaffer wrote:
> A little poll:
>
> -According to you, what is THE feature/fonction/object that Pd misses
> the most?
A formal dynamic patching interface. I would like what is possible in
Chuck and SuperCollider  with regard to dynamic instantiation and
destruction of objects to be possible in Pd, implemented in a stable way
with a consistent Pd-like interface.

> -What Pd feature/fonction/object causes you the most problems?
The lack of 'helper' functionality for visual layout. I waste way too
much time moving objects around to get them lined up and looking good.
Some basic options like 'snap to grid', horizontal and vertical
alignments, and 'distribute centres' for selected objects would be nice.
Also useful would be the ability to apply operations on selected objects
like setting vertical and horizontal dimensions of groups of sliders in
one shot would save a lot of time.

Out of interest what are you going to use this info for, or is just for interest?

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk