[PD] Max's [!/] as a Pd abstraction

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 21:40:26 CET 2008

Funny, I was just saying to Jamie about the "more than one way to do it"
and how old working habits die hard. I've started to use list input distrubution
much more recently, but still find I do things the old way by force of habit.

Maybe, as a personal choice, I find explicit operations are a bit easier to
read. I often sum signals with [+~] just because it looks nicer and the
flow stands out more.

a.

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:24:10 +0100
Jack <jack at rybn.org> wrote:

> You also have :
> |1 0.4(
> |
> [-  ]
>
> ++
>
> Jack
>

> Le 13 janv. 08 à 19:55, Jamie Bullock a écrit :
>

> > On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 17:17 +0000, Jamie Bullock wrote:
> >> The pd abstraction is essentially
> >> syntactic sugar, so instead of doing:

> >> [t b a]
> >> [- ]
> >>
> >> You can just do:

> >> [! - 1]
> >
> > As someone just pointed out to me, this is also syntactic sugar for
> > the
> > leaner:
> >
> > [0.4(
> > |
> > [swap 1]