[PD] non-audio data in Pd

Mika Ristimäki mika.ristimaki at tkk.fi
Thu Jan 17 11:11:09 CET 2008

Hi,

I was wondering what is the best way to pass non-audio data from
object to another. I mean for example I would like to have one object
encoding audio and another object sending the encoded audio over a
network. So what would be the best way to pass this encoded data to
another object? Just put all data to a list and pass that? Or what
about the t_gpointer data type? Is it possible to use that one to
point to a memory where I have the encoded data? Or are there better
ways?

-Mika