[PD] Pd on Athlon64

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Fri Jan 18 15:35:30 CET 2008

Hi andy, Io,

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> Andy Farnell wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking of trying 64studio as a new main Pd machine.

I'm curious about gutsy low-latency kernel, the 64bit packet version is
not available in repositories, they only give the headers.

> both the type of numbers in messages (t_float) and signals (t_sample)
> are still single precision floating point.
> In Pd-0.41 the types t_float and t_sample are used almost everywhere
> (where applicable), i hope that i will have patches for pd-0.42 that
> will allow you to compile Pd with double-precision.

Does it mean that we should wait for those patches to see a difference
between pd-32bit and pd-64bit?

>> 4) Is there now a Debian package for 64 bit Pd that I can apt-get?
>
> Pd has been in debian/amd64 for some years now.
>
> i don't know whether günther has backported all the 0.41 fixes for 64bit.
> personally i always have the debian-packages installed and never use them.

Same here, if you look for some particular 64bit externals that doesn't
compile, I use to put some successfully compiled ones in here:

http://megalego.free.fr/pd/extra/

I don't know if it's a good idea to share externals like this because
there is already pd-extended, But I like the idea of being able to
install a single external with wget or something like that.

Yes I,
Patko.