[PD] Pd 0.39.3-extended on XP:::problems

Matthew Logan mattybo77 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:57:54 CET 2008

If you're brave enough to mess with the registry,

-go to "Run" in your start menu for Windoze, type regedit in the box and hit
OK.

- Then go to "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pd" in the folder tree
on the left.

- If you look in the window to the right, you'll notice that the "loadlib#"
entries and "path#" entries are what libs and paths are currently set up.
See if your folders and libraries are listed.

If you want to add any libs or paths,

- Look for the highest numbered loadlib#,
- right click anywhere except for on the name of the registry entry, and
- add a sequential loadlib entry (if the highest is "loadlib10" then the
first one to add is "loadlib11").
- You can then double click on the name that you just added and enter the
lib name in the Value data section and hit OK.  Don't edit Binary Data,
unless you speak Binary fluently.
- Do the same for adding a path.  Follow the format that is there, with /
instead of the \ that you normally see in the Explorer address window.
- Add as many libs and paths as you like.
- When you are done, look for the "npath" and "nloadlib" and change the
number to reflect how ever many paths or libs you have now, so that the
registry will send all of your entries.  Otherwise it will cut short.
- Go to "File" and hit "Export" to save your new registry.  Save as
something different from the pd-settings registry file already there, so
that you don't overwrite it.  Then close the registry.
- Start pd and see if it worked.  It should, if you didn't mess with
anything else.

I hope this isn't confusing.

Matt