[PD] Subject: can't see objects Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071230-windowsxp-i386.exe

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Fri Jan 18 17:48:35 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
>
>> Patrice Colet wrote:

>>>  Hello, you just rock, can I ask which debbuger you use on win32?
>>>
>> I just opened a cygwin terminal, navigated to the Program\ Files/pd/bin
>> directory and typed
>> ./pd > pd.txt
>> so the stdout output went to pd.txt, If you just type ./pd the stdout
>> text doesn't appear anywhere, I guess that's another bug.
>> Also, running ./pd -d1 to get the gui traffic only works if it's done
>> from a .bat file, and then it prints to the terminal window, not the log
>> file (because it's going to stderr instead of stdout).
>> You can also add puts statements to pd.tk to get some idea of what's
>> going on in there.
>> The difficult bit now is figuring out how to send tcl commands through
>> sysvgui in pd to find out what namespace pdtcl thinks it's is in,
>> without recompiling pd.
>>
>> Martin
>
> Did you try running pd.com?  It launches Pd with a cmd.exe shell, so you
> can read stdout.
>
> .hc
No, I didn't, it shows indeed stdout, and also work in cygwin shell.
  For the moment I didn't find out how to install correctly pd in
cygwin,  (my goal is about running in xserver), so "./pd > pd.txt"
doesn't load PureData correctly, pdtcl.dll couldn't be loaded by pd.tk
script. I tried "pd.com > pd.txt", it displays stdout but doesn't write
in text file.