[PD] phasor to square

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 20 14:41:49 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 13:50 +0100, raul diaz wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I need to convert a phasor into a square wave in this way:
>
> phasor:
>
>       /       /      /       /       /      /
>     /  |    /  |    /  |    /  |    /  |    /  |
>   /    |  /    |  /    |  /    |  /    |  /    |
> /      |/      |/      |/      |/      |/      |
>
> square (2:1):
> ________        _________        _
> |              |       |              |       |
> |              |       |              |       |
> |              |____|              |____|

 hi raul

when doing ascii art, the font and formatting you are using is critical
for the correct appearance. in order to display your aa correctly in
other people's email-client as well, choose 'plain text' instead of
'html' format and a monospace font type while typing.

to your problem:

you could divide the phasor frequency by three, so that one period of
the phasor matches one period of your desired rectangular wave. if i
understand your drawing correctly, you want to achieve a rectangular
wave whith a 66% on-phase (and 33% off-phase). have a look at millers
example patch 3.audio.examples/J03.pulse.width.mod.pd to get an idea how
to convert a phasoor into a rectangular wave with specified on-phase.

roman