[PD] another [declare -lib] strangeness

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 23 17:48:50 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 08:25 -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Hmm.  It never occured to me that people would want to put declare objects
> inside abstractions (I think it's unwise to do so because there's no way
> to contain the declare object's effects to within the abstraction.)
>
> That it's adding stuff to the parent patch is a serious bug; there's no
> reason to believe that putting declare in abstractions is doing a useful
> thing at all at present!

please don't feel offended, but did you seriously test [declare] within
abstractions? i did test [declare -stdpath] in pd-0.40.3 (see my mail in
pd-dev [1]) and it works as at least i would expect it: it adds the path
to the abstractions search pathes only, but not to the parent patch. if
this is _not_ the expected behaviour, then lets define some [declare]
test environment for all different flags in order to avoid declare
confusions in the future.

[1] http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2008-01/010643.html

roman