[PD] vline~ question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 28 22:59:39 CET 2008

Hallo,
Steffen Juul hat gesagt: // Steffen Juul wrote:

> Kyle wants to, correct me if i'm wrong, translate
>
> [0, 1 1000, 0.5 1000 1000, 0 2000 2000(
> |
> [vline~]
>
> into
>
> [0, 1 1000, 0.5 1000, 0 2000(
> |
> [nothirdVline~]
>
> That is have the object do the delay bookkeeping.

Which however would prohibit things like "sustain" in an adsr-like
envelope:

 [0, 1 10, 0.5 10 10, 0 300 200(

This goes to 1 in 10msec, to 0.5 in 10 msec after that, but to 0 over
300 msec *after* 200 msec (measured from the envelope's start).

With an auto-delay line object you'd need to write this:

 [0, 1 10, 0.5 10, 0.5 190, 0 300(

One message more instead and not necessarily easier than the current
version.

> Or maybe this would to instead:
>
> [0, 1 1000, 0.5 1000, 0 2000(
> |
> [vlineBookkeeper]
> |
> [vline~]

Yep, one could do a [vlineBookkeeper] like that which automatically
adds up delay times, if needed.

Ciao