[PD] multiple instances of pd on os-x

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Jan 29 15:57:03 CET 2008

On 29/01/2008, at 9.11, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd-extended
>
> interesting. any ideas why it does not work for steffen?

I tried out Pd-0.41-0. Hans tried Pd-extended. Pd-0.41-0 is build by
Miller. Pd-extended is build by Hans. While it's still on the same
operation system, it's not the same build system.  I think the
differentness is in how the GUI and the core of Pd are tied to each
other.

I still haven't worked out how Miller builds on Mac OS X, i.e. makes
a so called "app bundle". It's not a matter of just running './
configure & make & make install' since the install makefile target
doesn't make a app bundle. - In fact that operation is nowhere
mentioned in the Makefile that ships with the src.

I'm not saying this to just cough up shit. But to say that the way Pd-
extended is build for Mac OS X might be more in the Mac way of doing
things. That is that running /path/to/some.app/Contents/MacOS/
executable might even be the default or standard way of launching an
application (on Mac OS X). But again i'm no Mac witch.