[PD] [PD-announce] Linux Audio Conference 2008: Registration now open

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 29 19:46:04 CET 2008

Hallo,
Steffen Juul hat gesagt: // Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 29/01/2008, at 17.10, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> >  Who else will be there?
>
> I will yet again follow the video cast. (Hopefully the screen with
> the presentation will be in focus rather then the speaker.)
>
> Lovely artwork. Especially the poster. Kind of the same ascetics as
> the covers of some of the records from Esel and Karaoke Kalk (which
> are (or were) Cologne based, iirc). Who did it?

All LAC2008 design is by an ex-student of KHM: Christoph Haag. Also
the logo, which will be available as a t-shirt during LAC.  The
Cologne-based minimal techno label "Speicher" (sublabel of Kompakt)
also used a variation of the city arms as its logo[1]. May be a
tradition by now ...

Btw. the LAC poster you can print yourself, of course, using the
downloadable PDF on the site [2]. It is a piece of generative art:
Each download is different. (well, almost)

[1] e.g. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518K467492L._SS500_.jpg
[2] http://lac.linuxaudio.org/?page_id=11

Ciao