[PD] select device for pix_video on Os x

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:57:40 CET 2008

There is no way to tell what the dialog settings are current set to using
the Quicktime APIs and there is no standard way that driver authors
implement the dialogs so it is difficult to figure out what is going wrong.
It is possible that whenever the dialog is called the settings on the USB
cam are reset or at least appear to reset.  I had this happen with some
terrible industrial cameras before I ditched them for DV.

You can use a message like [device 0, input 0, dimen 640 480(  to set the
device and then the dimensions.  Since both the iSIght and webcam are USB
devices then the input number might have to change instead of the device.
The order they appear in the dialog Source list will give some idea what
order they are in as will the info printed to the Pd console.